Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello My Sweet's

Hello My Sweet's, I hope y'all had an awesome weekend!! I had a busy but productive weekend. Saturday was super exciting because I got my very first Studio Calico Project Life kit!!!!! YAY!!!! Can you see me doing my happy dance?!?! (probably a good thing you can't, because it's not pretty) My post Wednesday will be all about the P.L. kit, and I will post my pics of what I made!! I'm thinking I might try a few different monthly kits to see where I get the most bang for my buck? Please leave me a post letting me know which kits you love and why..

Okay now on to what I did this weekend.... I found some We R Memory Keepers plastic sleeves on sale at my all time favorite store "TARGET"!! I really like the idea of mixing up different size sleeves in my album!! I am new to scrap-booking and I had never done a 12x12 page, I knew I really wanted to give it a try.. And who says I can't mix 12x12 layouts in with my other pocket page layouts?? This 12x12 page is very important to me because I used a pic of my Father, he passed away 31/2 years ago.. I mostly used Dear Lizzy's Neapolitan 12x12 paper pack, I'm soooooo in love with this paper pack.. I needed lots of space to journal so I used a couple of plain tags that I painted to get the color I wanted. Yes, I said painted!!! I didn't know I could either!!! It was really simple I just took a cheap foam brush and painted what I needed.. Do make sure its full dry before trying to write on the painted surface, it will ruin your pen/marker.. He is a pic of my first 12x12 layout!!!





Here is a close up of the tags I painted, I think they are still a little wet.. I am sorry my pics are kinda blurry, I working on a light box...


       

I also thought I would show you the Project Life (style) pages I did this weekend!! I am super proud of these because I only used 6x6 paper pads!! I used Dear Lizzy and Amy Tangerine (who just had a beautiful baby boy), everything came from the Two Peas website.. They are have a huge clearance sale right now, check it out the good stuff goes fast!! 




These pics are of my BEAUTIFUL Grand-daughter Aubrey right after she was born. My Son (Aubrey's Daddy) is in the United States Marine Corps, and they where stationed in North Carolina at the time of her birth.. I hopped on a plane a couple day's later and got to meet her in person.. 


I'm so grateful to all of y'all out there reading my blog, please sign up to follow by email so you don't miss anything.. If I get enough followers I will do a fun giveaway!!! Don't forget to check back Wednesday for my Studio Calico P.L. pages, and Friday is FREEBIE FRIDAY!!!!! you WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

xxxx,
Jenna

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to scrapbooking a la 12x12! That's how I started. I got some clearance WeRMK but they are pocket pages and I am grateful for that. I will use them with my PL binder (the one I got for 60% off this past week) because they coming out cheaper than buying the other ones.

    I am not to the point of being bothered with Kit Clubs...I haven't used much of what I got. I have been perusing the 2peas website forums and plan to join up with some of the challenges, especially the StashBusters one so that I can be more productive. I find myself reading about what everyone else is doing instead of doing stuff myself. I feel inspired and jealous at the same time...weird right? Anyway, my plan today includes scrapping one page. I just have to get started. I want to. There are so many projects swirling in my mind that I am unfocused. I'ma work it out though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aja!! You know how I love a good sale, lol!! I think "kits" are for those who stay on it at all times, I dream of being that person... Oh how I love EVERYTHING about 2Peas!! And that is so NOT weird, I think tha's how all of us feel!! Maybe start a project journal??? Oh I may have just came up with an interesting idea????

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank You, My Love!! It means so much to me that you took the time to read this!!!! XXOO

      Delete